- Project title- Various
- Client- Downing.
- Architect- Various Consultants.
- Sector- Student Accommodation, Education & Commercial.
- Contractor- Downing Construction.
- Cadgrange Service Description- Manufacture, Supply & Install of Fire, Acoustic, SBD timber Doorsets, Bespoke Joinery, Wall panelling, feature ceilings and communal post box cabinetry.
The Downing Story: –
Downing operates across three successful divisions: mixed use development, property management and construction.
For over three decades, the Downing business has steadily built its education portfolio creating inspirational student accommodation and facilities in some of the leading university cities in the country. With over £1 billion of developments successfully completed, Downing is now significantly expanding its presence across the UK and working with leading educational establishments to deliver a further £700m of new landmark schemes in the most prestigious and progressive student cities.
Downing Construction is the in-house construction arm, performing the main contracting role for all construction requirements, and it is this division that Cadgrange has its long- standing business relationship.
The Strategic Relationship: –
Building professional relationships with customers are important in business with the primary purpose being to generate mutual benefit and value. Cadgrange and Downing have traded together for the last 16 years which distinctly infers that such a repeat trading period has been performed based on quality, value for money, reliability, and trust, in both directions. Security of services and continuity of a business pipeline has worked for both organisations.
Transparency and a lesson’s learnt approach enable business relationships to remain fresh and energetic, thus facilitating a “can do” approach when examining new initiatives, ideas, and trends. The collective effort and achievements generated by the combined team over the period reflects that there remains in place an informal but very positive and progressive “two-way street” business alliance.
The Team Innovation: –
Cadgrange have manufactured and installed bespoke joinery and doorsets to Downing projects across the UK spanning Edinburgh to London, with the scope of this work embracing the following products and services: –
- Reception desks.
- Bedroom furniture.
- Lounge and Games area joinery.
- Acoustic panelling.
- Media & cinema walls.
- Feature wall panelling (3D & flat).
- Communal Post box cabinetry.
- Communal and break out area seating.
- Glazed screen systems.
- Locker room and changing area joinery.
- Leisure & pool area fit out.
- Feature ceiling systems.
- Fire & Acoustic Doorsets including all associated hardware.
- PAS 24/SBD Security Doorsets including access control management.
- Full-scale factory mock-up and sampling provision.
- Design development & consultation.
- Cost planning and project estimation.
- Compliance & compatibility checking for fire certification.
- Project scheduling and RFI assembly.
- Project management.
- Dedicated Director commercial and operational account ownership.
- Dedicated and established site supervisory team.
- Advance allocation and security of production capacity.
- Secure storage of finished materials if required.
- Product Installation.
A concept of coupling early engagement with cost certainty for each project has been a key strategic component of the relationship and has effectively contributed to the longevity and value progression for the mutual benefit of both our businesses.
The Team Results: –
The success and efficiency of the informal trading alliance between Downing & Cadgrange is reflected in the scope of repeat work transacted during the last 16 years. Listed below are some of the Downing schemes we have been delighted to be involved with: –
- The Atlas, London – 570 Bed Student Accommodation.
- River Street Tower, Manchester – 791 Bed SA.
- New Park, Edinburgh – 238 Bed SA.
- City Point, Coventry – 385 Bed SA.
- City Village, Coventry – 597 Bed SA.
- West View & West Village, Glasgow – 1011 Bed.
- Verde, Newcastle – 368 Bed.
- Downing Plaza Phases 1-4, Newcastle – 1800 Bed SA.
- The Arch, Liverpool – 241 Bed SA.
- The Electra, Liverpool – 90 Bed SA.
- The Capital, Liverpool – Commercial.
- City Side, Leeds – 399 Bed SA.
- Central Village, Leeds – 981 Bed SA.
- Broadcasting Place, Leeds – 241 bed SA.
- Miles Street Tower, London – 842 Bed SA.
We continue to be 100% committed to our “can do” process of trading and always strive to provide exceptional service, quality, and client satisfaction.
“We measure of success on our repeat business”.